Due to unreliability of my IKEA SmartDesk, which I built in 2015, I decided to make an upgrade, that greatly improved its usability!
I removed the original magnetic limit-switch and replaced it with ultrasonic PING-sensor that could measure the actual height from the floor.
I recently acquired a motorized table-frame from IKEA for my current desk.
After returning the first D.O.A table-kit and getting it replaced with a working one, height adjustment worked up nicely and I had a good standing/sitting workstation.
Problem with the setup was that I forgot to use it. As a solution, I made a small widget that reminds me to stand up in set intervals. After a piece of software has been written, it’s easy to continue working on. This time by hacking the hardware!